2023-24 Pipeline Program - Ages 10-16
Pipeline- Learn to skate, maybe try a race?
- This program is designed as a bridge between the Youth and Team programs. Eligible ages: 10-16. 8-9 year olds may participate in this group with coaches approval.
- Practice schedule: Sunday, December 3 or when conditions allow regular grooming until March 17 (snowpack permitting). Weekly practice Sunday mornings 9:00 - 11:00 AM and optional Wednesday evening 4:30 - 6:00 PM at Teacup. Practices will often be started with the Team skiers, but a consistent coaching team will be assigned to this group.
- Kids entering this program should be able to classic ski athletically and have a desire to improve, possibly with some interest to try racing.
- This group will spend equal time classic and skate skiing and should have access to both kinds of gear.
- This program is where kids will learn to skate ski. Early in the season we will divide groups by those who know how to skate and those who have yet to learn.
We focus on having fun, learning about skiing fast and competing if desired, but also develop a love and knowledge of Nordic skiing as an athletic pursuit.
- Skiers may choose to participate in races around Oregon and Washington. Coaching support will be provided at local and Junior National Qualifying (JNQ) regional races, however if the skier is going to compete at JNQ races often, joining the Team program is the appropriate option. The Pipeline program is intended to give young people a chance to try out racing and improve their skiing ability. The Team program provides the additional support they need to compete throughout the season at a competitive level.
By purchasing this program, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of Teacup Nordic's Legal Waiver and Liability Release
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions